Our Environmental Commitment
Chanticleer was the first hosting company in Ontario to run entirely on Green power.
- In April 2003, Chanticleer Complete Internet paid for the production of 3000 Kilowatt hours of clean wind energy. This purchase meant that both of Chanticleer’s offices and all its web servers (including all our client’s websites and emails we hosted) were powered by wind energy for one full year.
- In that first year alone, our purchase of wind energy displaced 2670 kg of carbon dioxide, the main greenhouse gas that causes climate change, along with other pollutants.
- Today, Chanticleer purchases 730 Kilowatt hours of 100% green electricity every month!
- The power is sourced from clean EcoLogo-certified sources including low-impact wind and low-impact hydro.
- Our annual purchase of clean, renewable sources has the following benefits:
- lowers our annual emissions footprint
- help fight climate change and air pollution
- helps fund new green energy projects (like solar on schools)
Our cumulative green energy purchased as of January 2018:
Bullfrog's generators put 100% green electricity onto the grid to match the amount of electricity our organization purchases to ensure the electricity going onto the grid on our behalf is from clean, renewable sources.
Bullfrog's electricity is sourced from a blend of wind and low-impact hydropower sourced from new Canadian renewable energy facilities.
Is Green Hosting Really Necessary?
Data Centers are energy hogs. In the USA, Data Centers use 90 billion kilowatt-hours of electricity a year, while Global Data Centers used roughly 416 terawatts (4.16 x 1014 watts). This is approximately 2% of all energy consumed. Those Data Centers produce the same CO2 output each year as driving 31 million cars driving around the earth. So, yes, since we don't want to give up our email or stop streaming movies from Netflix, we believe in Green Hosting as a reasonable way to offset the CO2 by supporting clean, renewable sources of energy.
Thousands of Canadian homes and organizations are doing their part to address climate change and air pollution by switching to green energy with Bullfrog Power.
By choosing green energy, we are reducing our organization’s energy pollution, supporting community-based renewable energy projects in our region and across Canada, and helping lead the way to a renewably powered future. Our support also helps to bring new renewable energy projects online, locally within our region as well as across Canada.
Help save the planet while you save $50!
Head over to bullfrogpower.com and use the promo code CHANTICLEER to receive up to $50 toward your account.